Documents relating to the CEP including statements and other documents are available.
- Prime Minister launches New Zealand-Singapore Enhanced Partnership (external link) 17 May 2019
- Upgraded Singapore agreement brings benefits for Kiwi busines (external link)s 15 Nov 2018
- Foreign buyer screening law reported back (external link) 19 June 2018
- New Zealand and Singapore to forge closer ties (external link) 5 April 2017
- New Zealand and Singapore happy with CEP (external link) 13 July 2004
- Growth in trade with Singapore stimulated by CEP (external link) 7 May 2001
- Signing of NZ-Singapore CEP Agreement (external link) 14 November 2000
- NZ and Singapore to sign Closer Economic Partnership on 14 November (external link) 7 November 2000
- Singapore/NZ Closer Economic Partnership Agreement (external link) 23 August 2000
The CEP is required to be periodically reviewed by officials and ministers. You can find statements and documents related to previous reviews here.
The Government has released the Cabinet negotiating mandate for Singapore Closer Economic Partnership Upgrade [PDF, 2.2 MB]: Approval of final outcome and next steps.
In releasing this information, the Government is seeking to balance introducing greater transparency around trade negotiations with a need to take into account the sensitive nature of the negotiations.
Some of the information within the Cabinet paper is being withheld in line with the principles of the Official Information Act. As outlined in the following table:
Section of the OIA
Reason for withholding
to avoid prejudicing the international relations of the New Zealand Government