Studying in New Zealand

The Ministry of Education(external link) website contains information about the New Zealand education system(external link), and New Zealand’s Code of Practice(external link) for the care of international students.

New Zealand Educated(external link) website provides international students with institutions and courses(external link) including links to institutions and courses and scholarships(external link) and a guide to living and studying in New Zealand(external link).

Student visas

Immigration New Zealand has information about how to apply for a student visa(external link).

If the length of the course you are planning to study is designed to last for longer than 3 months, you must apply for a student visa, regardless of how long you plan to study in New Zealand.

School exchange programmes

Many young people take advantage of the opportunity to spend a school year abroad. This is also possible in New Zealand and most private and some public schools accept paying overseas students in return for the tuition fees. The Visa Officer at the New Zealand Embassy in the Republic of Korea can advise residents on the possibility of studying at a New Zealand school.

To receive written information and visa application forms please send your request with a stamped, self addressed A4 envelope to:

New Zealand Embassy

8th floor of the Jeong Dong Building in 21-15
Seoul 100-784

Telephone: 82-2-3701 7700
Facsimile: 82-2-3701 7701
Post: KPO Box 2258, Seoul 110-110, Republic of Korea


We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our website, to analyze our website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. You can find out more information on our Privacy Page.