There is currently an outbreak of measles in New Zealand. The outbreak is pre-dominantly in the Auckland region.
New Zealand Embassy, Dublin, Ireland
New Zealand and Ireland
Going to New Zealand
News & Events
Find out more about the current outbreak of measles in New Zealand.
A number of countries and territories are currently experiencing an active outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
There are now confirmed cases in New Zealand as well as Ireland. New Zealanders in Ireland requiring consular assistance may contact the New Zealand Embassy in Dublin on +353 1 567 7685 or email email@example.com. Please note, the Embassy is operating reduced staffing levels and visits to the Embassy are strictly by appointment only.
The New Zealand Embassy recommends the following:
For NZ citizens in Ireland
- Read the country-specific information at Safetravel (external link)
- Register on www.safetravel.govt.nz (external link) (external link). Registrants will receive travel alerts as they are updated.
- Follow the advice of the Ministry of Health (external link) (external link) on how to stay safe. The Ministry of Health is closely monitoring the situation, both in NZ and globally.
- Check with airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Information on travel advisories for New Zealand for Irish citizens can also be found on the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs website (external link).
- Information on Ireland's response to COVID-19 can be found here (external link) and is updated regularly. There will also be updates on the websites for the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (external link)and the Health Service Executive (external link)
For more information please see the fact sheet below.