Benefits for Pacific Island countries
PACER Plus aims to boost sustainable economic development and contribute to a more stable and resilient Pacific region. It will help to drive economic growth, including creating jobs, higher incomes and more opportunities for people.
For Pacific Island countries, PACER Plus will:
- present new exporting opportunities
- attract increased investment
- provide more trade-related development assistance
- facilitate greater people movement across the region.
It will support Pacific Island countries to enhance their trading capacity into regional and global markets – to grow faster, innovate and improve productivity.
Watch a video about the Benefits of PACER Plus for Pacific signatories.
PACER PLUS - BENEFITS
Benefits for New Zealand businesses
PACER Plus improves the business environment in the Pacific region for exporters and investors across a wide range of sectors.
For New Zealand businesses, PACER Plus will:
- improve market access
- provide greater consistency, certainty and transparency trading in the Pacific region
- generate opportunities to invest or partner with Pacific businesses.
Key trade benefits of PACER Plus include:
- more consistent and transparent trading rules throughout the region on sanitary and phytosanitary measures, technical barriers to trade, and customs procedures
- more liberal and product-specific rules of origin
- a more stable and predictable environment for foreign investment
- greater certainty around tariffs for exporters provided through transparency requirements and online trade portals
- a more mobile labour force in the region under the Labour Mobility Arrangement.