On this page
Physical address Al. Ujazdowskie 51 00-536 Warsaw Poland
Postal address Al. Ujazdowskie 51 00-536 Warsaw Poland
Visa advice for Ukrainian nationals
- Parents and wider family members offshore of Ukrainians in New Zealand will be able to come to New Zealand under a new policy benefitting around 4,000 people.
- The 2022 Special Ukraine Policy will be open for one year from 15 March 2022 and enable Ukrainian-born New Zealand citizens and residents in New Zealand to sponsor a Ukrainian family member and their immediate family.
- Successful applicants will be granted a two-year work visa with work rights, and children will be able to attend school.
- Ukrainian nationals in Aotearoa New Zealand with a visa due to expire by the end of the year will be given an automatic 12-month extension (about 140 people)
- Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is prioritising urgent visa applications from Ukrainian nationals.
- For information on visa applications please refer to the Immigration New Zealand website at immigration.govt.nz(external link)
- Staff at New Zealand Embassies in Poland and elsewhere are not able to assist with filling out application forms or making an application, or provide advice on visa applications or other visa matters. If you have any questions about the application process please check the INZ website Apply for a visa | Immigration New Zealand(external link) or call +64-9-914-4100 between 8am – 10pm NZ time (8pm – 10am Warsaw time).
- Your New Zealand based family can also call INZ toll free on 64508558855 to obtain information about the visa application process.
- Ukrainian citizens who already hold valid New Zealand visas are also now able to enter New Zealand without waiting for the borders to reopen, as long as they meet COVID-19 health requirements to travel. See here: Reopening the New Zealand border | Immigration New Zealand(external link)
- The Government is also considering further measures for wider family members of Ukrainians in New Zealand. Please monitor the Ukraine webpage on the Immigration New Zealand website for updates: Important information for Ukrainian nationals | Immigration New Zealand(external link)
- Partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens or residents are able to apply for a visa or a border exception. Anyone who wants to apply for a visa (in Ukraine or in another country) should apply online via the website: Apply for a visa | Immigration New Zealand(external link).
- Most other visa applications are currently closed to people offshore however those who meet the relevant criteria are able to make border exception requests. Information about border exception criteria is available here: Request for travel to New Zealand | Immigration New Zealand(external link)
- The Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Kyiv is currently closed with no timeframe on when it will reopen.
Visit Careers at MFAT for opportunities in New Zealand and overseas.