Living in Poland

Emergency telephone numbers

  • Police - 997
  • Fire brigade - 998
  • Ambulance - 999
  • Mobile phone emergency number - 112
  • Road assistance - 981

Getting married in Poland

A foreigner wishing to marry a Polish citizen on Polish territory requires the following documents:

  • Birth certificate – Must be translated by a sworn translator (Polish authorities require that the sworn translation is issued within 3 months of presenting)
  • Certificate of No Impediment – this should include the following information:
     Full name, Date of birth, Address, Marital status, Father’s full name, Mothers full name and her maiden name
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Registration (for permanent residents)
  • If you do not speak Polish , a sworn translator MUST be present during the wedding ceremony

The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs website has a useful section about getting married overseas(external link).

Kea New Zealand

If you're a Kiwi or friend of New Zealand that is living in Europe become a Kea member today.

Kea was founded in 2001 to connect and engage our global people, for the benefit of Aotearoa New Zealand. Almost two decades on, Kea nurtures a vibrant and diverse community who share a strong passion for New Zealand and the success of its people and businesses. Becoming a member will give you full access to Kea tools and services, including the Kea Connect service, job portal and event portal. Find out more and register as a member for free on the Kea website(external link) or contact Kea directly at


We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our website, to analyze our website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. You can find out more information on our Privacy Page.