Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.


In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:

The Immigration New Zealand (external link) website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:

Applying for a New Zealand visa

Applying online  

Most work, student and visitor visas can be applied for online. Applying online is often faster and less expensive than sending in a paper application form. When you apply online, you may be granted an electronic visa (or eVisa).  

Before you apply online it is important to check what visa you need and what the requirements are.

Use Immigration Online (external link) to apply for a work, student or visitor visa.

Use Online Systems (external link) to apply for a working holiday visa, Silver Fern Job Search Work Visa, or submit a Skilled Migrant Category expression of interest.


You may be eligible for an eVisa if you apply for your visa online. An eVisa is a visa issued without a physical label meaning you don’t need to send away your passport. Find out more about e-visas (external link).

New Zealand Visa Application Centre London

You can still use a Visa Application Centre (VAC) if you need to submit a paper based application.

Visa applications must be sent to the New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London.

The VAC charges a visa facilitation fee of GBP18.00 per application. This fee should be submitted with each application in addition to the relevant visa application fee. For payment methods, please refer to the VAC website (external link).

Information regarding courier options for the return of passports and original documentation is also on this website.

All applications must be lodged by mail or in person to:

New Zealand Visa Application Centre London


New Zealand Visa Application Centre
66 Wilson Street
United Kingdom

Phone: +44 203 582 7499


Web: (external link)

Office hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm

Call centre hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm

Lodging your application
Please refer to the Visa Application Centre Website (external link) for information on how to lodge your visa application.

Applications are only required from people who need a visa (e.g. student, work, transit, resident etc) to travel to New Zealand. Visitors from visa waiver countries (external link), including Belgium, can continue to travel to New Zealand visa free under certain conditions.

For additional information on New Zealand visas, please visit the Immigration New Zealand (external link) website.