Vacancy – Maintenance Grounds Staff – two positions
The New Zealand High Commission in the Cook Islands has two vacancies
- Senior Maintenance Grounds person
- Maintenance Grounds person
The successful applicants will join a team of people managing the New Zealand High Comission’s assets in the Cook Islands. This involves the upkeep and development of the grounds and buildings at the Official Residence, Chancery and Staff housing. The Senior role will be involved in the planning and implementation of the daily work schedules overseeing that work is completed to standard.
The successful applicants will have;
- Previous experience in a maintenance or trades role
- Previous experience in gounds keeping and/or landscape design
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in the work place
- Effective communication skills
- A positive “can do” attitude
- The ability to undertake physical manual work
Additionally applicants for the senior role will have;
- The ability to plan and manage priorities
- Previous experience in managing and motivating staff
The successful applicants will be employed on local terms and conditions and must have the right to work in the Cook Islands. Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate level of NZ Government security clearance.
Further information, including a position description and application form are available by emailing email@example.com or telephoning +682 22201 extn 23.
Application form, CVs and cover letters should be addressed to:
Vacancy Maintenance Grounds person
New Zealand High Commission
PO Box 21
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
or via the email address above.
Applications close: Wednesday 14th Febuary 4pm (Cook Islands Time)
A full list of all MFAT vacancies in Wellington and overseas is available here.