The Consulate General of New Zealand in Noumea is responsible for the administrative management and financial monitoring of the community micro-project grants awarded annually to local associations and organizations (cooperatives, NGOs and charities) working in many sectors including culture, education, agriculture, environment, women's status, economic development, etc... The NZCF can be used to supplement funding for projects supported by local communities. Projects from individual promoters are not eligible for the NZCF.
The NZCF is based on the following objectives:
- to improve the living conditions and welfare of low-income people living in rural areas
- increase private sector job creation, promote competitiveness and the productive capacity of small businesses
- expand employment opportunities on the islands and in isolated geographic areas
- safeguard the interests of disadvantaged groups by increasing their capacity to participate in local economic development.
- enable women's associations to contribute to local economic development
- promote environmentally friendly use of natural resources
- promote initiatives of local communities in favour of the protection of animal and plant species
- help victims of natural disasters
Projects may partially meet the above-mentioned objectives and must include:
- a written request presenting the project and indicating the amount of financial assistance required
- the NZCF form completed and signed by the association officer
- updated supporting documents of the association (updated contacts, Ridet (NC) or RNA (FP) and statutes, RIB, press articles)
- letters of support for the project from communities or private partners
- the overall estimated budget for the project
- quotes from suppliers of less than 3 months old.
Associations should send their project and application for NZCF support to email@example.com.